The following are brief instructions for activating
Explorer' web browser. The instructions are based on Internet
Explorer 5, the most commonly installed version of the browser.
For other versions there may be slight differences - please
refer to your particular browser's 'Help' files.
Apple Macintosh users are provided with instructions for Internet
Explorer v.5 and the Apple Safari browser for those running
the new operating system OS.X.
1. Select "Tools", from the toolbar.
2. Select "Internet Options".
3. Select the Advanced Tab and click on the checked option
"Java JIT compiler enabled".
4. If you change this setting you will need to restart your
1. Select "Edit", from the toolbar.
2. Under the Browser section of the table Select "Java".
3. In Java Options check the two box's 'Enable Java' and 'Alert
4. Close the window and refresh the page to view it with Java.
You do NOT have to restart Internet Explorer.
Safari and Apple OS.X.3+
1. Select "Safari", from the toolbar.
2. Drop down to 'Preferences'
and click the 'Security' tab in the window
3. Next to 'Web Content'
4. Close the window and refresh
the page to view it with Java. You do NOT have to restart